New segment to the 2daybefit blog to jump start your healthy, fun filled weekend. So, you've made the commitment to lead a healthier lifestyle - a regular workout schedule, a tight meal plan, even drinking less. Good for you! I know it's working out great.
On the flip side though, let's be real, eating healthy can get boring and hard as hell! I know you're missing the pizza and chicken parm and burritos. I'm here to say, you can have all that! Just not from Fat Sal's Eatery or Pedro's Picnic Place. You can easily make healthier versions of your favorite meals. I'm talking half the fat and calories!
This Friday's "Favorite Food Gone Healthy" :
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1 crushed garlic clove
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cups frozen Chinese vegetables, thawed
1/2 cup cooked brown or jasmine rice
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet, medium temp;
- Cook chicken for 8 minutes on each side, then remove let it rest;
- In the meantime, heat crushed garlic in the same pan you cooked to the chicked;
- Throw in the vegetables, soy sauce and ginger, stir;
- Dice chicken and add to the cooking veggies, stir;
- Mix it all together in the pan until everything is well coated with seasoning and the veggies are to your liking.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!