@2daybefit

Friday, July 20, 2012

"Fav Food Gone Healthy, Healthy Recipes: Part 5

Last I check it was still summer and the humidity is reminding me of the every single day. When I left Florida I thought I left the humidity behind, nope it followed me. It’s raining yet it’s still hot. My Floridians know how it is when you get out the shower and yet you’re still sweating. This should not apply when you’re sitting down trying to enjoy your meal.

During the summer it’s nice to have light tasteful meals that will satisfy your appetite and yet it still fits into your diet plan. This week’s recipe has two on my favorite foods; Chicken and Strawberries. The recipe is great for lunch or dinner. I prefer having this for lunch as I hang out by the poolside with friends.

This Friday's "Favorite Food Gone Healthy":  Chicken and Strawberry Salad, by Rae McManus, Cheneyville, Louisiana, Southern Living

You'll need:
1/2 cup poppy seed dressing
1/4 cup Olive oil mayonnaise
1 1/2 pounds chopped cooked chicken (about 3 1/2 cups)
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
1 avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 (10-ounce) package mixed salad greens
Garnishes: avocado slices, whole strawberries

You will:
Whisk together dressing and mayonnaise in a large bowl;Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Add chopped chicken
5 ingredients to dressing mixture, gently tossing to coat.
Serve over mixed salad greens.
Garnish, if desired.

#2daybefit
2daybefit.com
http://www.facebook.com/2DayBeFit


Courtesy of myrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment